Front-End Developer, Cambridge, UK
Accredible is looking for a Front-End Engineer to take our product to the next level at a new Cambridge office.
We need a talented engineer to join our team and work primarily on our core product at accredible.com. We’d love for you to get involved in other technical arenas in the company and there’s room for growth in almost every professional area.
- You’ll collaborate with Backend Engineering to build new features for our large-and-growing user base.
- You’ll brainstorm with our team to conceptualize new features and improvements.
- You’ll learn about new web technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems.
- You’ll help our support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues.
- You’ll have direct input on the product direction and the company’s strategy.
- Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Experience with modern browser technologies.
- Good UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff.
- Good communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy.
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve.
- Comfortable moving around the stack.
- Experience in small startup environments.
- Academic background in computer science (BSc or MSc).
- Experience with AngularJS and Sass.
- Experience designing web sites or applications.
- Experience with AWS architecture or Nginx server configuration.
Compensation and Benefits
- £25,000 – £35,000 salary + equity, depending on experience.
- Flexible hours.
- A close, dedicated startup team who are passionate about improving the education system and who are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital investors.
- 4 hours per week (paid) to spend learning anything you like, even if it’s not related to your role, plus a budget to spend on learning materials. We love education and we believe in nurturing your growth!