Accredible is a growing, venture-backed technology startup in the digital credentialing space seeking a spirited and detail-oriented Frontend Software Engineer.
Key info at a glance:
- Job Title: Frontend Software Engineer
- Primary Functions: To create and maintain the functionality of the Accredible User on all customer facing and internal products according to pre-prepared designs.
- Hours: Flexible hours / remote work for up to 2 days per week (we’re flexible on times and places)
- Reporting to: CTO
- Location: Ely (near Cambridge)
- Start date: As soon as possible.
We welcome people of any gender identity or expression, race, skin color, ethnicity, age, size, nationality, sexual orientation, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, political views, identity, and self-identification. We welcome parents (40% of our team have kids), teachers, learners, activists, artists, dreamers, doers, ordinary people, extraordinary people, and everyone in between. We stand for equal opportunity, and we ensure equal pay.
This role is a Frontend Software Engineer. Accredible has a number of web properties such as www.credential.net and dashboard.accredible.com which you’ll be building and maintaining on a daily basis. These web platforms are used by millions of people each year. Our customers expect reliability, stability and speed. You’ll be pushing updates every day to improve our codebase and be able to see instant feedback from our customers & users.
Your primary responsibility will be the recipient facing, high traffic web property which enables certificates and badges to be viewed. You’ll be working with a QA Engineer to ensure this property is highly accessible, properly localised and fast to load.
We use AngularJS today and are in the process of planning our migration to Angular. Our approach is Agile and we stick to a weekly sprint cadence. We host web properties on Netlify and have some tough requirements such as localization, accessibility and pre-rendering.
You won’t be doing this alone as we have a world-class product team you’ll be working with. You’ll have support from a designer, a lead front-end engineer, a number of senior back-end engineers and our Chief Technology Officer will be responsible for the work that you do. We’ll be expecting high quality work but don’t worry – you’ll receive constructive feedback and guidance on a regular basis. We meet every day and everybody has input and the ability to make our work and the way we work better.
You’ll have a lot of decision making power, autonomy and trust. We make decisions democratically and give team members the time, resource and authority to work on what they think is most important.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing, profitable startup where there are many opportunities to obtain promotions based upon merit, hard work and dedication.
We’re looking for an in-person candidate to work from our UK office in Ely, Cambridgeshire.
Compensation & Benefits
- £45,000+ salary.
- Time off each week to focus on your growth or volunteering, plus a learning budget.
- 28 days per year paid time off.
- Mentorship opportunities from our CTO, lead front-end engineer, designer & senior back-end engineers for personal growth.
- Company off-sites such as international retreats.
- Flexible working time and hours, depending on ongoing projects.
Your skills & competencies
We are looking for you to demonstrate to us that you have these skills & competencies:
- Angular 2+ experience. You will have used the latest version of Angular professionally for at least 2 years.
- Domain expertise. You have an applied knowledge of frontend design, development and testing and have an understanding of the issues involved in accessibility and localisation.
- Learns quickly. You have the ability to quickly absorb and make use of new information. You can research best practices and make use of them.
- Enthusiastic. You want to learn and grow, are excited to take on new challenges.
- Independent Problem solving. You are able to independently solve difficult technical and presentational problems and provide solutions or work arounds. You ask for help when you need it but try to solve things yourself.
- Attention to detail. You don’t let important details slip through the cracks.
- Organization & Planning. You plan, organize and schedule in an efficient manner. You know which priorities are important and choose to work on those. You don’t need constant input but are able to ask for help when needed.
It’s essential that you’re honest, have a high level of integrity, are able to communicate and are able to use feedback to learn and develop professionally.